19 April 2013

Quick MICF: Potentially

Sammy J: Potentially
Laughing Stock Productions
11 April 2013
Fairfax Studio, Arts Centre Melbourne
to 21 April
comedyfestival.com.au


I nearly forget that I saw Sammy J's Potentially! What's wrong with me? It's a night of musical comedy stand up that's as close to perfect as it can be – and it had a story about a possum! I love stories about possums.

I've said it before and expect that I'll be saying it for a long time to come: Sammy J is one of the best around who never fails to be fucking hilarious. If you haven't seen him, get yourself a ticket NOW.

He knows how to craft a surprising story, opens up enough to share his most embarrassing moments, sings a fine song and I've joined his fuck crusade. It's a plan to remove the ridiculous fear of the word "fuck" out of our lives. It's fucking brilliant word, but I'm keeping moist in my vocab, if only to describe a good cake.