03 September 2009

2006 Melbourne Fringe reviews

My 2006 Melbourne Fringe reviews are now all up. Some of these haven't been online for a very long time and one or two were never published.

It's hard to believe that it's been three years since Christina Cass and I grabbed our notebooks and started writing madly. (I'll ask the lovely Christina if I can put her reviews up here as well.)

With the 2009 Fringe not long away, it's been a lot of  fun to remember all those shows and see how so many of the companies and artists have developed since then. Members of Penny Machinations are now seen in interior theatre, The Last Tuesday Society and the List Operators; The Caravan of Love are as gorgeous and wrong as they ever were; My Darling Patricia are going from strength to strength; Bojana Novakovic is still amazing; Rod Quantock will never go away; and theatre in decay are still questioning everything about theatre.